Following the completion of the interdisciplinary FutureDAMS project in early 2022, this lecture delivered by the project leads reflects on what they have learned through their research, capacity development and policy engagement over the last four and a half years. Are there any over-arching conclusions about major water/energy/food/ environment initiatives that can be agreed upon on, or does everything depend on ‘context’? And importantly, what does the future hold for these major nexus programmes?
- Responses and resilience to future climate extremes in urban areas: ECR vacancy
- DSA Call for papers: Development Studies Association conference 28–30 June 2023
- Podcast: Community-led planning and transformation with Charity Mumbi and Jane Wairutu
- MSc HRM Enhancement Programme: Learning from industry partners including the European Commission
- MSc HRM Enhancement Programme: Learning from industry partners
Sign up for Global Development Institute newsletter
21st century globalisation and development Africa Agrarian change and political ecology aid alumni Antipoverty programmes Bangladesh book Brazil celebrity China climate change conference covid-19 David Hulme Development diana mitlin Digital development DSA DSA2018 Employment environmental urban and agrarian change GDILecture GDI Lecture GDI Lecture Series Gender Global production networks trade and labour global urban futures growth Growth and distribution Growth Inequality and Poverty ICT's for Development inequality master's Migration Migration refugees and asylum NGOs NGO Sector oxfam phd phd researcher Podcast politics governance and management poverty rising powers SDGs Sustainable Development Goals Uganda Urban futures workshop