Antonio Savoia recently took part in an online panel discussion hosted by UNU-WIDER and the OECD Development Centre. The event explored Developing Fiscal States in Africa bringing together academia, policy practitioners and development partners. The panel discussion featured Kunal Sen, UNU-WIDER, Marina Nistotskaya, University of Gothenburg, Mick Moore, Institute of Development Studies, Rose Ngugi, Kenya Institute for Public Policy Research and Analysis and Yuen Yuen Ang, University of Michigan
The event explored Antonio and Kunal Sen‘s ongoing research into fiscal states and builds on their earlier research into state capacity and progress towards the MDGs.
Watch the panel discussion
Explore Antonio and Kunal’s research
- Developing countries would benefit from improved tax collection. What can help The Conversation
- How Can Developing Countries Pay for the SDGs? Project Syndicate
- Do resource rich economies have better or worse human development outcomes? OECD Development Matters Blog
- Do resource rich economies have better or worse human development outcomes? UNU-WIDER Blog
- The political economy of the resource curse: A development perspective UNU-WIDER Journal Article
- Is there a fiscal resource curse? Resource rents, fiscal capacity, and political institutions in developing economies UNU-WIDER Working Paper
Note: This article gives the views of the author/academic featured and does not represent the views of the Global Development Institute as a whole.