Catch up with our webinar which introduced the African Cities Research Consortium (ACRC) and outlined how the ACRC and its international partners is planning to tackle complex, political and systemic problems in some of Africa’s fastest-growing urban areas.
ACRC has been awarded a contract of £32 million from the UK’s Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) over the next 6 years. Building on the political settlements analysis established by the Effective States and Inclusive Development research centre, ARCR will adopt a city as systems approach to addressing complex urban problems. Through engaged action research we aim to catalyse progress for disadvantaged communities in a number of focus cities and beyond.
- Professor Diana Mitlin, The University of Manchester
- Professor Sam Hickey, The University of Manchester
- Dr Martin Atela Partnership for African Social and Governance Research, Nairobi
- Chaired by Dr Admos Chimhowu
Find out more
- The African Cities Research Consortium
- The Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre
- Follow the African Cities Research Consortium on Twitter
- Sign up to the African Cities Research Consortium newsletter
Note: This article gives the views of the author/academic featured and does not represent the views of the Global Development Institute as a whole.